You may see this error when shutting down the computer or closing Outlook 2003. It has also been linked to problems with the normal running of Outlook 2003, although these are rare.
The problem lies with a bug in Microsoft Office 2003 and is to do with the Speech and Handwriting Recognition feature. Turning this feature off will fix the problem.
To do this:
- Click Start and select Control Panel.
- Double click Add/Remove Programs.
- Scroll down the list of installed programs until you find Microsoft Office 2003
- Click on the Change button.
- Choose the Add or Remove Featuresoption and click Next.
- Make sure the Choose advanced customization of applications box is checked.
- In the Advanced Customization window, browse the Office features until you find Office Shared Features.
- Expand Office Shared Features and from the drop down list under Alternative User Input select the Not Available option.
- Click Update to complete uninstallation of this feature.